Friday, June 1, 2012

Welcome to Optimus Prime's Trailer (aka BlueAleseides' Robot Blog)

Introductions aren't always easy, but I hear that the best approach is to jump right in. Welcome to my long awaited robot blog, my name is BlueAleseides (you can call me Al for short) and I am fanatical over plastic robot models from anime and transforming robot toys with spring loaded gimmicks and golden, blazing swords.  

Small Beginnings
Frankly, I can't remember exactly what age I got hooked, but it was some small single digit age between 3 and 5. My sister, Sdragon, introduced (read: indoctrinated) me to all the cool 80's cartoons: Transformers, Saber Rider, Galaxy Rangers, Bravestarr, Jayce & the Wheeled Warriors, MASK and Starblazers (to name a few.) We had some Transformers, which my dad bought for her at first, but soon I got hooked. Maybe it started from my interest in puzzles and my spatial awareness? Or I was predestined to love robots. Not the electronics, but cool robots that transformed into a vehicle or animal, or gattai-ed into a bigger robo, or had voice-activated weapons. I think you get the idea...if not, just ask. =)

What's in a name?

So "why Optimus Prime's Trailer?" Well, back when the internet started becoming popular, Sdragon and I started brainstorming names for our geek blogs, providing we ever actually made them. Mine was "Optimus Prime's Trailer" because I always wonder "where the heck does his trailer go when he transforms?" Well, a portal opens up (indicated by the flash of light) and it's transported here, on my blog, where I will give you a guided tour or a sneak peak of what's going on inside his trailer. It could be a gallery of display cases, WIPs, sketches, other custom work, or a 2am epiphany. I'll try to post weekly, but we'll see how that goes.

Not-so-final thoughts...
At this point, I'm not sure if anyone will follow this blog, which is fine with me. But if you do decide to post, please be nice to me and nice to each other. If I'm looking for constructive criticism (on WIPs) I'll ask for it. If there is something you'd like to see, I'll consider it. There are enough sites that do comprehensive reviews, but this isn't one of them. It maybe in the future, but not now. I might rant or rave, but don't count on reviews.

Best,

~Al

1 comment:

  1. First comment reserved for your greatest fan? >.> or maybe just a good friend :D we will find out ^_^

    ReplyDelete